About the BFA
The British Foosball Association (formerly the Bar Football Association) was established as a players’ association, tasked with making foosball as popular in the UK and Ireland as it is all over the world.
The founder members recognised the need for a central point for players to express their views and concerns, in order to ensure the continued growth of the game.
The BFA is internationally recognised by players, manufacturers and promoters. The BFA is an independent association run by an unpaid elected committee. We raise money via special events and sponsorship in order to promote the game and to keep membership costs low.
The BFA has evolved considerably since its original inception and currently boasts:
- Highly informative website including active players’ discussion forum
- Experienced and elected Executive Committee
- Professional, bespoke corporate events
- Strong track record of promoting and organising tournaments
- Extensive database of UK playing venues, clubs and regular haunts
- Maintenance of player ranking systems
- Excellent relations with table operators, manufacturers and international associations
- Low cost membership
- Professional constitution and charter