Beginners Guide – Push/Pull Shot
The centre forward drags the ball sideways and shoots.
– Place the ball to the side of the centre forward.
– Make sure the ball is stationary and in a position you are comfortable with.
– Pull or push the bar, making sure that the man stays in contact with the ball.
– Catch up with the ball and, once your man is behind it, shoot.
– Square off the shot to help it travel straight.
Here is a tutorial on the pull shot from top British player, Alex ‘Shovie’ Shovelton:
Some alternative endings to the pull shot: